We are so grateful to our sponsors and who joined us for this event! Read this recap to learn more about what we celebrated, our invited speakers, and what we learned and contributed to make our region’s co-op economy stronger.
Friday, November 1, 2019 @ 5:30 pm
Our region is fortunate to have mature co-ops like ChildSpace, Weavers Way Co-op, Home Care Associates, The Energy Co-op, and Mariposa Food Co-op that have paved the way for new ones like Bonfire Media Collective,1149 Cooperative, and Kensington Community Food Co-op. Co-ops exist to meet the common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations of individuals through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise. Philadelphia’s regional co-op economy is meeting needs to address issues including climate justice, affordable housing, workers’ rights, and access to healthy food.
PACA’s Co-op Summit & Annual Meeting is where we all get together to understand the impact we are making as well as to envision what more we can be doing together. Don’t miss it! Register at https://phillycoops.ticketleap.com/2019-paca-co-op-summit–annual-meeting/.
What to expect
PACA’s Board of Directors hosts this convening each year, including by serving up a delicious meal for us to share in. Childcare is also available! As part of the evening’s program you can expect:
- to hear from PACA’s Executive Director, Jamila Medley, about the state of our region’s co-op economy
- to hear from some of our co-ops about their work and vision for PACA as an alliance
- to celebrate recipients of PACA’s Co-op and Cooperator of the Year Awards
- to find out results of PACA’s board election and meet the members of the board
- meet people who have been involved in the co-op movement for decades and those who are new to it
Special thanks to our sponsors: