PACA membership is open to all cooperative organizations located in the Philadelphia region that operate as a cooperative as defined by the International Cooperative Alliance. Co-ops and credit unions are full voting members of PACA.
Co-ops and credit unions join PACA to grow and strengthen their own co-op or credit union and to support the cooperative movement in the Philadelphia area. Member dues depend on annual revenues.
Benefits of membership include:
Education, Training, and Resources:
- One free 90 minute “Introduction to Co-ops” presentation for your co-op member-owners, staff, community members, etc.
- One 2 hour leadership development training targeted to staff or board at a flat rate of $200
- Co-op and credit union member-owners attend PACA’s Cooperative Leadership Institute workshop series in partnership with CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia for $10
- Free participation in CultureWorks hosted workshops for individuals who belong to PACA’s member co-ops
- Event information about professional development and co-op development workshops, trainings, and networking opportunities from PACA partner organizations
- Co-ops and credit union members can vote for board members and serve on PACA’s board.
- Monthly updates and insights about PACA’s development targeted to co-op members in support of your role to be a check on PACA’s governance and operations
Growth and Development:
- Tailored technical assistance for member co-ops at a discounted member rate of $75 per hour.
- A voice on behalf of co-ops and credit unions with government and the public; promotion of legislative and administrative initiatives to support cooperative businesses and development; support in navigating City of Philadelphia agencies or programs.
Marketing & Outreach:
- Features on member co-ops and credit unions in PACA’s Co-op Scoop newsletter, including promotion of your co-op or credit unions
- Job opportunities
- Other information members want PACA to share
- Assistance with finding and accessing capital and funding sources.
- PACA is a trustee of the Kiva Zip microlending program and is working on developing a regional cooperative loan fund.
- PACA is also a part of The Working World's National Peer Network that brings together place-based organizations around the country to build a national infrastructure of cooperative lending and non-extractive finance.
To become a co-op or credit union member, please contact Jamila Medley at firstname.lastname@example.org.