PACA membership is open to all cooperative organizations located in the Philadelphia region that operate as a cooperative as defined by the International Cooperative Alliance. Co-ops and credit unions are full voting members of PACA.
Co-ops and credit unions join PACA to grow and strengthen their own co-op or credit union and to support the cooperative movement in the Philadelphia area. Member dues depend on annual revenues.
Benefits of membership include:
Education and Resources
- Annually, one free 2 hour co-op education workshop for your co-op member-owners, staff, board, and/or community-at-large
- One 2 hour leadership development training targeted to staff or board at a flat rate of $200
- Information about professional development and co-op development workshops, trainings, and networking opportunities from PACA partner organizations
- Tailored technical assistance for members at a discounted member rate of $75 per hour
- Assistance with finding and accessing capital and funding sources, including
- PACA is a member of Seed Commons, a national financial cooperative that invests in cooperatives owned by communities that have been excluded from or exploited by lending institutions. PACA staff serve as local loan officers helping co-ops that need financing as they get loan-ready and apply for loans, but also by providing ongoing support as they pay back the loan. These loans are based on principles of non-extractive finance (simple interest, no personal guarantees, no credit scores, technical assistance included).
- PACA is a trustee of the Kiva Zip microlending program and is working on developing a regional cooperative loan fund.
- Nominate candidates and vote for PACA’s board of directors
- Updates and insights about PACA’s development
- Fundraising Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Communications Committee
Public Policy and Advocacy:
- A voice on behalf of co-ops and credit unions with government and the public; promotion of legislative and administrative initiatives to support cooperative businesses and development; support in navigating City of Philadelphia agencies or programs.
Marketing & Outreach:
- Special features on PACA members in our Co-op Scoop newsletter
- Promotion of your events, programs, and job opportunities
- Other information members want PACA to share