Loushun McCrea

Back to 2019 PACA Board Nominees

1) Please tell us about your current co-op involvement.  Name(s) of co-op(s) you belong to: How long you’ve been a member:

• Ardent Credit Union since 2015
  • Philadelphia Federal Credit Union since ~2008

2) What roles have you served in co-ops, nonprofits, or other membership organizations (Board, staff, etc.)?

At Ardent Credit Union, I have been an employee/member since 2015. I have been a Member Xperience Advocate and Team Lead I.

3) Why are cooperatives important to you and to the Philadelphia area?

Cooperatives became important to me when I joined Ardent’s staff in 2015. This was my first time really gaining any knowledge of how coops work. They are important to me because I believe that there should be an option for not for profit access to resources. I believe that organizations and businesses should return their major profits back to the communities in which they serve. For example, in banking, credit unions such as Ardent CU can provide higher pay to employees, better rates of return on accounts and lower interest APR on Loans.

4) Please check the following areas in which you have experience:

• Public speaking
  • Volunteer programs

5) How will your experience, skills or unique perspectives strengthen the PACA Board?

I believe that I can provide a very unique perspective to PACA. I have a particular passion for the African diaspora across the world living in impoverished areas as well as other people of color. I can provide ideas that may help us better serve impoverished neighborhoods. I also have a talent for videography with an associate’s degree in Digital Video Production. This is a skill that can benefit any organization.

6)  Where do you see PACA in 5 years?

I would like to see PACA having a stronger influence in the City, maybe even being a household name. We should continue to be a driving force in aiding impoverished areas of the city.

7) As you think about the three primary board roles—ambassador, advocate, and asker—in which role(s) do you think you will want to be most active? 

At this point I would better serve as an ambassador for PACA. I am confident to learn everything that is required of the position and to relay it to spread knowledge about our Organization. Any organization that I join, I understand that good brand perception is vital for success.